Father’s seem to have everything and want nothing and hence it becomes hard to buy any gifts for them. Whenever they want something, they would always go ahead and buy it for themselves. If you think of buying a gift for him then probably he won’t use or already has it. It is thus better to create a DIY.
Make your father proud by making personalized gift and presenting it to him. I am sure he would definitely like the DIY made by his cute children. With a little thought and creativity you can find various DIY ideas to make personalize gifts for your father.
1. Photo Frame
Photo frame is the perfect DIY gift for your father. Your father will proudly display it on his desk at work.
- Wood Picture frame
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Decorative rocks
- Tacky glue
- Scrapbook Paper
- Brown Paper Bag
How to make
- On a flat surface, paint your frame with a coat of paint. You can make use of two colors to get a rocky color. Allow it to dry completely.
- Attach the rocks to the frame with the help of tacky glue. Apply glue on the rock and press it to the frame. Allow it to dry overnight.
- As per the size of the frame, cut a decorative piece of scrapbook paper.
- Take a brown paper bag and write on it “My Dad Rocks” or anything as per your wish. With glue or tape attach it to the scrapbook paper. Place it in the frame and gift it to your father.
Also Read- Best Beauty Gifts For Your Friends!
2. Comic Craft: Decoupage Frame
We all must have read the comic books and know about the super heroes. You can choose any comic character of the Fox TV or any television.
- Wood Frame
- Comic Books
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Pen or Pencil
How to make a Decoupage Frame
- Select the comic character and trace onto the section of the comic book
- Carefully cut those sections and trim to fit the frame.
- To the back of the comic book pieces, apply a thin layer of decoupage ad to the frame.
- Let it to dry for 5 minutes.
- Take the frame and position the comic book section onto the frame.
- Apply some Mod Podge to the center by carefully lifting one side.
- Slowly eliminate the possibility of formation of air bubbles under the paper.
- Into the Mod Podge, press the comic book.
- Working outward attach the comic book to the frame with the Mod Podge.
- Let it dry to 20 minutes.
- Gently apply mod podge over the top of the comic book pieces as to sealer.
- Allow it to dry for one hour before adding a photo to the frame.
- Add a photo of your father and give it to him. He will surely love it.
3. Socks Bouquet
Your father does wear socks and how nice it would be to present him with socks bouquet.
- Safety Pins
- Wooden skewers or dowels
- A vase
- A ribbon
How to make
- Lay your socks on a flat surface and fold the end up
- Slowly roll it by keeping it tight on one end and loose on the other.
- You need to bend the socks and fold it in such a manner to make it straight.
- Keep on rolling
- In order to keep the socks straight, fold as much as is needed to give a clean shape to the flower.
- Present this hand-made creative and unique socks bouquet to your father. He will just love it.
4. Thoughtful DIY Insulated Beverage Holders
The thoughtful DIY insulated beverage holder is a perfect way to ensure your drinks stays nice and frosty and calls for lounging by the pool or in the backyard with a cold drink in the hand. These can be made just in minutes. They can be made with any quilting fabric under the sun and can be personalized for your father.
- 11×5 inches quilting cotton for the outer body – 1
- 11×5 inches quilting cotton for the body lining – 1
- 11×5 inches Insulbright – 1
- 11×5 inches fusible fleece – 2
- 4.25 inches piece of 1.5 inches Velcro
- Coordinating Thread
- Point turning tool
- Denim Sewing Needle
- Basic sewing supplies like iron, pins, machine, etc.
How to make
- To start with fuse a fleece piece to wrong sides of each of the outer and lining body pieces as per the product instructions.
- The outer body piece should be faced up on a work surface.
- Lay the body lining piece face down on the outer body piece and align on the raw edges.
- Stack the Insulbright piece on top of the other two layers.
- Carefully align pins on all the raw edges.
- With machine use ¼ seam allowance to stitch around the perimeter and leave atleast 3 inches opening at one of the short ends.
- Clip the corners and trim the seam to 1/8 inches by leaving the short end with the opening untrimmed.
- Through the opening turn the piece right-side out. With the use of corner turning tool, ensure that the corners are crisp.
- Press the piece cleanly and pin the opening.
- Edge stitch around the entire perimeter of the piece thereby closing up the opening as you does the stitches.
- Carefully line up the hook portion of the Velcro piece along the left edge of the front side of the piece with pin.
- To secure the cloth in place, stitch al the 4 sides of the Velcro piece.
- Carefully align the piece the loop portion of the Velcro piece along the back side of the piece.
- To secure it to the holder, pin and stitch around the 4 edges of the Velcro.
- Beverages swap out easily with the Velcro closure on the holders.
5. DIY Lap Desks
If your father uses laptop often then make it and this would be the most personalized gift ever.
- Wooden Lap Desk top
- Foam square
- Fabric (as the size of your lap desk top)
- Staple guns and staples
- Fabric glue
- Wood stain and Brushes
How to make
- Place the lap desk top on the foam and trace a pattern. Remember to cut the foam a little smaller than the top.
- Place the foam over the bottom side of the lap desk top and staple it
- Make your edges look clean and pull the fabric taut.
- If you find any excess fabric just trim it neatly. It is always better to have an extra fabric while stapling as it gives you more to hold on while working.
- For a clean finish, apply glue to the trimmed edges of the fabric.
- Let it dry and you all ready to give to your father.
Make any of these personalized gifts for your dad and see the love he will have for you when he opens it.