These days, every 2 out of 10 people are infected with a thyroid problem and looking for some solutions which can normalize their life like before thyroid. The thyroid is not a fatal disease but it can initiate several health issues in our body. So, it is essential to apply curing methods of thyroid once you are diagnosed with this disease. Here we come up with the DIY ideas to cure thyroid at home in this regard, which is effective as much medicated methods but sometimes inexpensive and easier to apply.
What is Thyroid?
The thyroid is a butterfly-patterned gland found in the human body. It is also called a hormonal problem related to that gland. According to the medical term, the thyroid is an unhealthy condition, where the gland suffers from hormonal imbalance due to the insufficient or excessive emission of thyroid hormone. In this condition, some general health issue keeps your glad avert from producing the proper amount of hormones.
Depending on the medical analysis, the thyroid gland makes hormones to keep the functioning of our body normal. When it produces more or fewer hormones than the normal amount, the human body starts using energy faster and enters in a condition called hyperthyroidism.
What are the Symptoms of Thyroid?
Before looking for the curing methods first, learn to recognize the true signs of the thyroid and be sure that you are infected with this illness. Some common symptoms of thyroid are as follows-
- Look for the goiter, that is an enlarged thyroid gland, and you can easily feel it from touching it outside
- Goiter can also initiate tightness in the neck, breathing problem, swallowing difficulties, wheezing, coughing, etc.
- Excessive weight loss or weight gain in the shortest period
- Cardiovascular issues like irregular heartbeat, rapid heartbeat, etc.
- Anxiety, depression, excessive stress, undefined nervousness, and other mental issues
- Trouble in sleeping, insomnia, sleeplessness, etc.
- Muscle weakness, weak bones, brittle fingernails, joint pain, trembling in the hand and finger
- Problematic menstrual cycle, decreased sexual libido, infertility, erectile dysfunction
- Feeling cold or hot when others do not, feeling weak with pale skin
- Elevated blood cholesterol, decreased sweating, hoarse voice
- Constipation and other digestion issues
- Puffiness in hands and feet, thicker skin cells, etc.
Look for any of these symptoms and examine thoroughly with any possible medial analysis to be sure that you actually are diagnosed with thyroid, before applying these DIY ideas to cure thyroid naturally.
Is it Possible to Cure Thyroid at Home?
The thyroid is one type of health condition that can never be completely cured, once you got incorporated with it. However, proper treatment can normalize the thyroid functioning balance the insufficient emission of this gland accurately.
It is clinically proven that home remedies are a great way to treat this hormonal imbalance at home if you pick the methods to apply. Here we come up with some certified methods in this regards, let’s explore them below and try out according to the intensity of your thyroid problem-
DIY Ideas to Cure Thyroid at Home:
- Check for iodine intake and take proper precautions if you have iodine-deficiency
- Avoid crucifer veggies like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, etc. because they prevent us from absorbing iodine through our body cells
- Limit your iodine intake and make sure you don’t consume more than 1000 mcg of iodine per day in thyroid
- Boost the calcium and make sure you are taking sufficient calcium through your daily diet
- Follow a balanced diet that is prescribed for thyroid patient by health experts
- Stay hydrated and drink enough water throughout the whole day, like 7-9 glasses in every 24 hours
- Focus on important nutrients like selenium and include its natural sources in your regular food, like organ meats, shellfish, Brazil nuts, poultry eggs, dairy products, etc.
- Maintain a healthy weight by exercising daily, apart from eating healthy foods
- Go for cardio workouts and aerobics instead of gym-based workouts in thyroid
- Practice yoga and meditate daily to improve mental health and fight stress
- Avoid bad habits like alcohol drinking, excessive smoking, following an unhealthy lifestyle, etc. which can prevent the thyroid gland from working properly,
- Eating foods that cause thyroid like junk foods, processed foods, foods with flavors and preservatives, etc.
- Say no to soy products as any type of soy products prevent our body from absorbing synthetic thyroid medications which are a curing process in thyroid
- Take medical supplements regularly like ashwagandha, zinc, magnesium, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin-B, etc. supplement in an empty stomach
- And apply effective home remedies which are skilled in controlling hormonal imbalance to get the best result from this DIY idea to cure thyroid at home.
5 Best Home Remedies to Cure Thyroid at Home:
Here are some best home remedies we refer in the list of DIY ideas to cure thyroid, which is utterly inexpensive and at the same time, easily found in our kitchen. Let’s check out their usage process perfectly through our discussion below-
Flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and thus normalize the functioning of the thyroid gland naturally. So, it can be used as an effective method among the perfect list of DIY ideas to cure thyroid at home.
How to Use?
- Take a handful of flaxseeds and put them at the bottom of a glass
- Fill the glass with drinking water and cover it with a coaster
- Let it sit there for overnight and drink this water in the morning in an empty stomach regularly
- You can also grind 1 cup of flaxseeds and store them in an airtight container
- Simply add a spoon full of this ground flaxseeds every day in your regular smoothie or salad to keep thyroid problems in check.
2. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of zinc and zinc is an essential nutrient to maintain healthy thyroid functioning. It helps the thyroid gland to produce a moderate amount of fluid to keep the hormonal balance perfect.
How to Use?
- Take 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds and toss them in 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and cardamom powder over the top and eat them in your regular snack-time regularly
Yogurt is a natural probiotic supplement and a great source of iodine. Both are beneficial for controlling hormonal imbalance and keeping thyroid gland emission normal.
How to Use?
- Take 5-6 tbsp Greek yogurt or unsweetened yogurt in a bowl and a pinch of salt
- Beat the yogurt with a spoon until it forms smooth
- Now add this yogurt as a salad topping or in your regular smoothie glass instantly.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is a skilled ingredient with lots and lots of essential qualities. It has been proven that regular intake of apple cider vinegar can balance any type of hormonal imbalance. Besides, it helps in improving the metabolism process and alkalizes your body environment innately.
How to Use?
- Mix 1 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of drinking water
- Add 1 tsp of honey and stir them well with a spoon
- Drink this solution every morning in an empty stomach to get the best outcome from this DIY idea to cure thyroid at home.
Seaweeds are one highly nutritional element, which is loaded with many essential nutrients including vitamin B, zinc, and iodine. Thus regular consumption of seaweeds can improve hypothyroidism and prevent it from occurring again as well.
How to Use?
- Take some seaweeds and roast them with little olive oil
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and eat it as a salty craving
- You can also use seaweed flakes as the wrapping coat of your sushi wrap with quinoa or brown rice fillings as the best diet plan for a thyroid patient.