I belong to a small group of women who can magically lose the extra weight without having to work hard much on diet or fitness. I can’t blame you if you seem to be nodding your head in disbelief. I am a firm believer in healthy eating and a little dabbling in fitness if not much. Maybe a walk daily helps to keep my parts running. For most of us, this seems to be a distant dream. Most exercise programs promise extreme results by following a strict fitness regimen. But if we alter our food habits a little then great results can be achieved in connivance of diet and exercise.
- Avoid eating fat and calorie-laden diets and opt for whole and natural foods.
- Be honest about your food intake and exercise schedule. Do not cheat.
- Carry your home cooked food or greens and fruits to avoid any temptation to buy junk food from outside.
- Design a diet you can live with for life, not a quick-fix gimmick that always results in weight regain.
- Start out slowly and build up activity over a period of time. Results can’t be achieved overnight.
- Eat small meals 3-5 times in a day.
- Eat slowly, enjoy what you are eating and focus on the food.
- Choose activities that you enjoy to keep yourself motivated. Make sure that physical exercise is compatible with your age and condition.
- Drink plenty of water, especially immediately before meals.
- Snack on fruits and veggies. Three-quarters of your lunch and dinner should be vegetables, fruits, cereals, bread, and other grain products.
- Limit usage of salt, alcohol, and caffeine and also snack foods like cookies, pies chips etc.
- Eat in moderation and if not hungry then avoid eating at all.
Diet and exercise are crucial for your health and wellbeing. Find a friend who will keep you motivated and get off the couch and work out.