Beauty is not only in the eyes of the beholder…. It is also in your own hands. How well you look after yourself will define how you look and feel about yourself. And how you look is the central part of your beauty upkeep. A proper skin care routine helps you look young and gorgeous. Your skin speaks from within depending on what you eat and what routine you follow. A glowing complexion is what we all strive for and a skincare routine helps you achieve that.
A skincare routine helps you to brighten the appearance of your skin and here is what you should do to get that clean and happy skin:
- Cleansing – Wash your face when you get up and before you go to sleep. A good facial cleanser washes away any excess dirt and oil. As you age, your skin loses moisture, nutrients, and natural oils—which can result in drier skin, a facial cleanser helps replenish oils and gently removes traces of makeup.
- Toning – A toner helps to return the skin’s pH balance and also removes any impurities left behind by a facial cleanser. A gentle and non-drying toner is formulated with beta hydroxy acid and Pro-Vitamin B5 to gently sweep away dull skin and protect against moisture loss. All you have to do is put some toner on a cotton pad and swipe it across your face.
- Apply serum – These are super-concentrated, nutrient-dense treatments that address specific concerns, so it’s better to keep them as close to the skin as possible. These serums help by blunting your skin’s inflammatory response to neutralizing damage from UV rays and environmental pollutants.
- Eye cream – This helps to maintain the health and thickness of the eyelid skin. Improving the skin quality in this area early on ensures that the eyelid skin does not easily lose laxity and its smooth appearance later on. An eye cream helps to keep the eyelid skin elastic and prevents against collagen loss and fine lines.
- Moisturizer – Apply a moisturizer when your skin is still damp. A moisturizer helps to maintain a protective coating against natural elements and infections, and it keeps the skin hydrated, moisturized and supple.
- Sunscreen – A sunscreen is absorbed by the skin and apply it after moisturizing for maximum benefit against the harmful UV rays.
A good skincare routine will help your skin breathe, be clear, happy and healthy. It will shine from within and remain soft and supple to touch.