Nowadays, fashion designers, luxury houses and fast fashion brands are working all year round. Earlier, only two seasons, spring-summer and autumn-winter were used to cater. Today, it seems that they are on the fashion hamster wheel and can’t let the ball drop. At any given point in time, there’s a Fashion Week going on in some parts of the world.
The holidays have become a serious affair and people plan their vacations seriously. Holiday dressing is no longer about wearing a pair of jeans and T-shirts; rather a lot of thought process goes into it. There have been instances where people have planned holidays to wear particular outfits. Fashion brands have started creating capsule collections to offer newness and season-specific fashion to remain relevant. There is a growing desire amongst urban consumers to buy a holiday wardrobe. These are pieces that can be paired with jewelry, bags and shoes to simplify their travel wardrobe.
Also Read:- Tricks To Look More Photogenic!
- Holiday fashion started as a ‘nautical’ style. It has moved from Hawaiian prints, bright floral prints, neon colors to whites, large hats, sunglasses, open-toed shoes and innovative waistlines. These are all part of holiday wear. People are open to experimenting with their travel looks. The ladies must-have a light layer (sarong or a flowy cover-up) that can be paired with swimwear, dresses or shorts. Neons, cane, cowrie and straw accessories, soft, silky, comfortable fabrics such as silk, modals, bamboo are a popular pick.
- Looking good on a holiday has become a priority. Thanks to Instagram and social media that have contributed and amplified the need for a versatile wardrobe. Holiday fashion is a cross-cultural style that is aimed at relaxation. The idea of a separate wardrobe to wear on holidays has always been fascinating.
- The keystone of a successful holiday pick is that it should be free-flowing. Holiday styles that don’t restrict movement are cool. Opt for long maxi dresses, printed tops, breezy skirts and denim jackets. The key is to go for multi functional pieces that can be styled in various ways.
- From walking shorts, kaftans and sandals, to full-length evening dress for women and light dinner jackets for men, holiday wear picks should not require too much ironing or fussing. It should be synonymous with ease and contemporary luxury. It needn’t be restricted to holidays and can transcend to your wardrobe effortlessly. Hence, it has moved from just a trend to an entire season in the business of fashion.
- Wide-brimmed floppy hats and raffia embroidered big totes as holiday must-haves. Textural cotton such as seersucker and crinkled are in demand. Try to invest in neutral or classic staples, which have a repeat value. A boho dress, cotton smock, and denim-on-denim are the perennial pick.
- Play with prints, use minimal but statement accessories and wear comfortable yet stylish outfits. Make ‘easy on, easy off’ your fashion mantra. Avoid buttons, hooks, and snaps. Collared shirts are more trouble than they are worth anyway. If you can’t pull it on and off in under three seconds, you’re not going to wear it. With the drawstring pants and shorts, trapeze dresses, and stretchy fabrics on the market these days, you never have to.
- Avoid all embellishment. Beads, buttons, and sequins may fall off. Embroideries snag. Graphics crack and peel. If you feel that your outfit is boring, add a simple print to lighten it up. Graphic prints like stripes, gingham, and polka dots are evergreen. They go with everything. If you want to sparkle, try metallic leather or lurex knits.
- Get yourself some great silk pajama sets you can wear outside of your apartment without feeling weird. It is good for those days when you just don’t want to get out of bed.
- Nothing beats a cute sweatshirt and leggings. You can effortlessly move around, but can also go outside of the house without feeling like you’re wearing a stained sweatshirt for the third day in a row.
- A Band Tee and Faux Denim Sweats Band Tees make for the ultimate cool look. Paired with these amazing denim sweats, you’ll be looking cool. A quick tip- go a size down on these pants. Also, Pleated shorts made with wool, silk, and Spandex, or a long-sleeve T-shirt made from modal, elastane, and cashmere are comfortable and look good.