Coffee is the most popular beverage globally. People drink coffee to relieve physical and mental fatigue. It also increases mental alertness. Coffee contains caffeine which stimulates the central nervous system, muscles, and heart.
Coffee is also known to cause insomnia, nervousness, nausea and other effects too. It is ideal to take up to 2 cups of coffee in a day. Brewed coffee contains around 100-150 mg caffeine per cup. Instant coffee contains 85-100 mg caffeine per cup. Decaffeinated coffee contains approximately 8 mg caffeine per cup. Darker roasts contain less caffeine due to the roasting process. Coffee has also been closely associated with weight loss.
Coffee has many effects and one that has the fancy of the world is that it aids in weight loss. This can be explained by the many factors that caffeine affects:
- Coffee increases the metabolic rate of the body aiding in the burning of fat at a faster rate – The higher your metabolic rate, the easier it is for you to lose weight and the more you can eat without gaining weight.
- Coffee increases the temperature of your body thereby raising the metabolism of the body.
- Coffee accelerates the body’s fat distribution where the fat is broken down and dispersed.
- Coffee suppresses the appetite thereby cutting on hunger pangs. It blunts appetite and helps you eat less.
- Coffee stimulates the nervous system directing the fat cells to break down.
Black coffee contains chlorogenic acid which is known to expedite weight loss in people. If you consume black coffee after dinner then it slows down the production of glucose in the body. Moreover, the production of new fat cells is decreased, meaning lesser calories in the body. B It also helps decrease the extra water content in the body through frequent urination. This method helps to shed those extra pounds without any threatening side effects.
So you can be happy with your cuppa coffee. The exciting factor that it aids in weight loss makes it yummier to have.