Beetroot has a rich nutritional profile that provides a plethora of health benefits. Beetroot is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, magnesium, and folate. The antioxidant property of beet juice benefits the skin and can prevent it from being exposed to the damage of the free radicals, hence preventing early aging, pigmentation, and wrinkles on the skin.
Here are some beneficial facemasks of beetroot for skin glow:
- Skin whitening mask: Take a tablespoon of besan, add a teaspoon of beetroot juice and plain yogurt. Mix it well until it blends. Add a teaspoon of rose petals paste to the mask. Apply a thin coat evenly to your face and neck. Let the skin-whitening beetroot mask sit for 30 minutes and then rinse it clean with lukewarm water.
- For De-Tanning: Beetroot can help you get rid of tanning as well. Take one teaspoon of beetroot juice, one tablespoon of sour cream and mix them together. Massage the face-pack and let it dry for about 20-25 minutes. Once it is done, rinse it off using normal water.
- Dark circles and puffy eyes: Beetroot is an amazing source of antioxidants. By regularly applying beetroot juice you can fade away the dark circles. Take a tablespoon of beetroot and mix with a half tablespoon of milk and honey. Close your eyes to give a nice coating all over, with the help of a cotton ball including the eyelids. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- For pink complexion: Beetroot contains Vitamin C iron, phosphorus, and protein, which in unison give you a healthy and pinkish skin. Drinking the juice is one option as it clears the blood and body off the toxins. Also, applying this juice on skin helps flake off the dead cells accumulated onto the skin. Apply beetroot juice on your entire face and neck with the help of a cotton ball. Leave this for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.
- Dry skin mask: Take one teaspoon of raw milk, one teaspoon of beetroot juice and 5 drops of almond oil. Mix until all ingredients mix well. Gently massage it to your skin and neck. Keep doing it for 5 minutes; let it sit for another 10 minutes. Then wash with plain water.
Read more: BEST HAIR CARE JOHNNY B. STYLE PRODUCTS
Article By: Dr. Himani