Our skin reflects our health and is a mirror to what we eat and how we feel. The innumerable skin care products that dominate the skyline can get confusing and deviate us from a basic skin care routine that will give us glowing and healthy skin. It is important to keep the fundamentals in mind to get a fresh, nourishes and protect the skin.
Here is a list of skin care basics that you must follow:
- Stay clean – Wash your face at least twice a day — once in the morning and once at night before you go to bed. Oils and sweat from your hair and skin transfer to your pillowcase while you sleep and can then get on your skin.
- Cleansing – This is one of the basics of skincare. Remove your make up with a facial wipe gently, followed with a cream, gel or foaming cleanser depending on your skin type. Avoid using hot water to cleanse instead use lukewarm water. Gently massage cleanser in circular motions to stimulate circulation and effectively clean your pores. Rinse completely and tap dry.
- Toning – After cleansing apply toner. Toners help to remove fine traces of oil, dirt, and makeup you may have missed when cleansing. Toners are also handy for tightening pores after cleansing.
- Moisturizing – It is very important to moisturize your skin after cleansing to keep it hydrated. Apply a moisturizer while the skin is still damp after cleansing as you need to replenish your skin with the moisture it may have lost while cleansing. Moisturizing involves 4 simple steps: First, apply a moisturizing serum, then dab on eye cream, follow with your day or night cream and seal everything in with a facial oil.
- Always apply a sunscreen – Rain or shine you must always apply sunscreen. UV exposure can cause premature signs of skin aging including the development of wrinkles and fine lines. The sun’s harmful rays also penetrate deep within your skin’s inner layers damaging skin cells resulting in a dull complexion. Apply sunscreen at least thirty minutes before sun exposure. Cover all areas of your skin that will come in contact with the sun’s harmful UV rays, look for a day cream formulated for your face, and also be sure to apply to your neck, chest, and ears.
These skincare basics will result in healthy and glowing skin. Just add these skincare basics to your daily beauty routine and you’ll be good to go.