Presence of baking soda in your kitchen is a powerful weapon for fighting with many skin and hair problems. It’s a most versatile kitchen ingredient. Use of baking soda is an incredibly easy way to enhancing your hair beauty. Especially if you are used to DIY with your hair then defiantly you would always keep trying to reduce exposure with harmful chemicals such as market shampoo and conditioner. Use of baking soda as a shampoo will give you amazing effects on your hair. It improves the quality of hair and promotes its growth as well. Baking soda gently balances out your pH levels instead, and your scalp learns to produce just the right amount of oil. After using baking soda as a shampoo you will find that it is better than using expensive and chemical-laden shampoos of the market.
So, let’s check out how to prepare a different kind of baking soda shampoo at home:
Ingredients for preparing baking soda shampoo
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
- baking soda
- apple cider vinegar
- essential oil
- According to hair length take baking soda in a bowl and mix with water properly but should just make sure that baking soda and water ratio should be 1:3. Mix the ingredients until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply it from your scalp to the ends of your hair and leave it for five minutes.
- Now, rinse your hair with lukewarm water properly.
- Now prepare the apple cider vinegar solution for this to take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and add 4-5 drops of any essential oil. Mix them well and then apply to your hair. Make sure it doesn’t go into your eyes. This solution will work as a natural conditioner.
- Maybe, in the beginning, you will fill little unsatisfied with this shampoo because you are used to shampoos that get foamy. But after a few washes with this solution, your hair will feel absolutely normal.
How Often You Should Use It: Repeat this twice a week.
2-Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- According to hair length take baking soda in a bowl and mix with lemon juice but lemon juice and baking soda ratio should be 1:3. Mix the ingredients and make a thin paste and apply on the scalp.
- Massage it in and leave it on for 5-7 minutes.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
How Often You Should Use It: Do this twice a week.
Read more: List of Haircare Essentials
Reported by Dr. Himani