Vitamin B12 is naturally found in animal foods, including meats, fish, poultry, eggs and dairy. So if you are a strict vegan then you should check your vitamin B12 level. However, it can also be found in products fortified with B12, such as some varieties of bread and plant-based milk but is not sufficient for human body.
How will you check you are a b12 deficient?
- There is no glow on your face, your skin turned pale, dry and hairs are breaking out, hence you are becoming an anaemic person.
- You feel weakness in your body on regular basis that you are not able to do daily chores.
- You may feel sensation of pins and needles in your nerves.
- All the time you are on mood swings mode, depression slowly capturing your mind.
- If you are at very low level of B12 then you may see clearly on your tongue, and ulcers in mouth.
How can deficiency of B12 treated?
- Take Dairy particularly Yogurt, milk and Cheese daily.
- You must eat Eggs regularly.
- Fortified Cereals and Tofu are good dairy products and have high amount of proteins.
- Take the right vitamin supplement by consulting your doctor.