Ashwagandha is a nightshade plant scientifically is a popular element of Ayurvedic medicine. It is known to have a number of health effects, including anti-inflammatory, adaptogenic and healing properties. Ashwagandha is a sexual stimulant element too mentioned in Kama Sutra, an ancient Hindu text considered to be the standard work on human sexual behavior. Also, Ashwagandha improves the resistance to stress, anxiety and balances hormone which may increase the fertility in women.
Here are some benefits of taking Ashwagandha :
- Ashwagandha as an Aphrodisiac: Ashwagandha has a long history in traditional medicines as an aphrodisiac. Researchers have found that it may be a natural herbal alternative treatment for loss of libido and erectile dysfunction.
- For women, taking ashwagandha typically produces an increase in sexual desire and satisfaction. For men, its extracts have the ability to stimulate the production of nitric oxide in the body. This causes a dilatation of the blood vessels that carry blood to the genitals, leading to increased sexual desire.
- It lowers stress: As one of the most common reasons of declining sex drive and poor sexual performance is stress. When the stress levels are high, your blood pressure also high. When the blood pressure is high, it restricts blood flow to all the arteries, hence, becoming one of the leading causes of impotence. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, that is, it strengthens the adrenal glands and improves our fight-or-flight reactions.
- Menopause: When women go through menopause, the drop in estrogen levels can be intense, resulting in any number of side effects, but this Ayurvedic herb can help balance estrogen levels and soothe side effects of this change.
- Endurance Booster: The magical supplement has proven benefits when it comes to improving one’s physical activity. It is said to be due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-stressor properties.
- Reduce blood sugar level: Ashwagandha may reduce blood sugar levels through its effects on insulin secretion and sensitivity.
- Ashwagandha for healthy aging: Men and women’s reproductive systems respond to aging in different ways. Consuming ashwagandha supports the body’s positive response to the aging process and to maintaining healthy sexual function.
Reported by Dr. Himani