Gymming is great for the body and skin. However, it isn’t the best thing for the hair. Once you are in the gym, busy exercising, trying to burn out the calories. You forgot entirely about your hair. Once you are done with gymming, you will find your hair loaded with moisture and sweat making you feel like going out and shampooing your hair. If you are working out 7 days in the week, then shampooing every day is not the best thing that you can do for your hair. Have you ever thought about what else can you do for a hair? In this article, we will share some do’s and don’ts of hair care that you should follow after getting out of the gym.
Do’s and Don’ts of hair care after gym:
1. Start by spending a few seconds on your hair before you start gymming. Use dry shampoo on your roots before starting a workout. This will help to soak the excess moisture that comes on the scalp by sweating when you working out. The best way is to use a powder base dry shampoo just before the gym.
2. Make use of this time for hair care by applying your favorite hair mask. Use a hair mask that suits your hair and apply it from the root to the tip, gently pull back your hair and tie a ponytail or bun. Go for the workout, once you start sweating and generating heat after gymming. The mask will go deeper into the roots by making the treatment even more effective.
3. We all know that gyming makes the hair sweaty. However, did you know that the sweat has a lot of salt content that can make your hair dry. If you have time to wet your hair after the workout, you need to condition it as well. Conditioning is very important to make sure that the hair gets hydrated and the salt in the hair does not weigh down on the hair.
4. Keep bacteria and fungus at bay by using tea tree oil for hair care after the gym. Mix tea tree oil with coconut oil and apply. Leave it for at least half an hour and then shampoo.
5. Make use of a good detangling brush to open up the locks after gymming.
6. Never use a hot blow dryer after gymming, it can damage the hair roots. The best way to deal with the sweat is to use a cold blow dryer to do away with the sweat.
7. Never shampoo after every workout. Keep the shampoo ritual with water for at least 2-3 times a week. Instead, opt for dry shampoo to deal with sweat.