Every decade has a different set of fashion trends, statement jewelry and trademark shoes. The era of the 90’s was undoubtedly one of the most fashionable decades of all time. The fashion repeats itself every few years. In keeping with the same, 90’s fashion has made a comeback. Though some of these trends will make you feel nostalgic, the others will make you cringe and question the sense of fashion trends. So here is a list of Bollywood outfits from the 90’s, a perfect blast from the past.
1) Mesh Tops are not a newly discovered fabric that everyone is seen flaunting at the gym, it was worn quite a bit in the 90’s as well.
2) Pinafore or Dungarees have taken a stylish new turn and with patchwork and a shorter hem in fun colors and fabric. After disappearing for a few years, overalls have finally made a comeback. The buckled trend can be worn in a variety of ways, be it cropped or flared, to add that instant edgy feel to your look.
3) Mom shorts or mom jeans are new things. These loose fit high waist jeans were quite the hit in the 90’s
4) Long line jackets were everyone’s go-to layer in the 90’s.
5) The denim shirt is a modern-day wardrobe staple and Bollywood showed us in the 90’s the right way to style them.
The cold shoulders and play-suits are currently all the rage but Bollywood beauties rocked it in their desi wear back n the 90’s.
7) The trend of Satin & chiffon saris started with Madhuri Dixit’s legendary attire in Hum Aapke Hai Koun and Karisma Kapoor’s silk saris in Biwi No 1. Also, the quintessential chiffon sari Bollywood look continued in the ’90’s.
8) Royal lehengas were extravagant, royal and mesmerizing just like every outfit of the leading actress in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Every girl adored her ensemble in that hit film.
9) Fashionistas’ coined the term Bardot neckline in 2016 when off-the-shoulder started trending when in fact it was trending even in the 90’s.
10) The high-waist pants keep making a comeback on the catwalk. They are flattering for the lower body and usually make one look taller and leaner.
11) Puffed Sleeves were a trend back then in Hollywood! But Bollywood movies took it to another level by incorporating these in ethnic wear such as saree blouses and Kurtis.
In India, Bollywood movies are the trendsetters when it comes to fashion. The 90’s Bollywood fashion is iconic, a milestone in itself. The 90’s was the era that brought in some brilliant and hardworking costume designers into Bollywood.