A list of 10 gifts for your boyfriend, ranging from inexpensive to expensive that will make any guy’s heart melt with your thoughtful gesture.
For the man in your life who needs a little love.
- A nice bottle of bourbon- he’ll know you care about him!
- Pajama’s in silk or satin- he’ll feel you’re sending him off to bed with class.
- Comfy slippers- designed just for him! (with tongue in cheek).
- Cookie mix- if you know your guy loves cookies but hates the hassle of making them, this is a great gift for him to brighten up his day every time he comes in from work. (No washing up!)
- A necklace and pendant, possibly even combined with a bracelet or earrings… whether it’s jade, silver or gold, your love will be on display around his neck.. and he’ll know just how much you care about him!
- A scarf- chic, fun, looks really good on him.
- A framed picture of you two together- this is a great souvenir.. one that he will keep on his desk or in his room for the rest of time to remind him how much you care about him… and how much he means to you.
- Tickets for a romantic weekend away together- you can take a short break and go somewhere far from home, to somewhere totally new and wonderful.. maybe even somewhere romantic where you can spend time alone in each other’s company…
- Hand-painted picture pictures- these are really special because they are made to order just for him.
- Chocolate for his home- he can eat it and then make you a delicious hot chocolate! (This is mainly a joke gift, guys… put it way down on your list of things to buy!)
And if you’re not sure what to get your boyfriend, and you don’t know where to start or what to give him – take a look at our gifts for dads page!
When a guy buys you something it is always special – whether the gift is an extravagant diamond ring, a beautiful new purse or the latest iPhone. This post will discuss why this may be, even though gifts from guys tend to be things that you need. Of course gifts are not for everyone and there will not be one single answer for all women everywhere. Reading this post does not mean that you will fall in love with your man if he gives you a blender for your birthday, however it may help you understand what goes on in the mind of the average male when buying gifts and hopefully explain why things like a rose or a card go such a long way.
Why are gifts really helpful and important?
Some guys are quite good at finding the perfect gifts, but for most guys they choose gifts either based on their past experiences or by asking around and even then they make some huge mistakes. Since many guys just pick out something random that they think the female might like it can make picking up a gift very stressful and in fact many men have confessed that gift buying is one of their biggest fears when it comes to dating. This does not mean that a guy is cruel and heartless though, just that they are not always on the right track; but at least they try right?
The first step to picking up a good gift is finding out what she likes. Many women keep lists of what they would like to have, or even better, talk about things they want to buy. This makes gift buying way easier because you will know exactly what she wants – if you can avoid giving her a blender as your source of knowledge! If this information is not available then go for something that expresses your love for her, like flowers or chocolate (yes even the guys are going soft!). This way you will get a gift that she wants and you will also know that it was given with love.
Keep it small and special
If you have no idea at all but still want to give her something special, then keep it small and simple. The bigger the gift, the more pressure to like it is placed on the woman. It may be something she wanted for a long time, but she may not feel good about accepting a huge expensive gift when she knows it was only given because you felt pressured to get her something big. Say she only wanted a small bracelet – then buying her this will mean so much more than if you had bought the most expensive engagement ring in the world. It may not seem like a big deal to you to buy her the world, but she will feel really special if you had spent ages trying to find just the right gift.
When picking up a gift for your girl, try and make it personal. It is one thing to buy her flowers, but thinking about why you were with her on that certain day and choosing what to do with that memory like an ornament or engraving will mean so much more than just buying anything off the shelf. This does not mean that it has to be expensive or elaborate, just something simple and heartfelt will be enough.